Building transformative and sustainable societies – International course for social and educational professions
The Protestant University of Applied Sciences Freiburg (EH Freiburg to us) offers a one-semester course in English (30 ECTS) for incoming students from partner universities (Bachelor level).
The course units bring together both incoming students from partner universities and domestic students, providing important perspectives on global issues and a framework for lively mutual exchange in an international classroom atmosphere.
The overarching thematic focus is based on possibilities for transformation to reach more sustainable and socially just societies. Social work and social education seminars shed light on the topic from different angels and perspectives. Methodological workshops, practical observations and a study project complement the theoretical reflections.
Theoretical reflections and discussions (elective seminars – 4 or 5 seminars must be chosen)
- Childhood and youth in international comparation (3 ECTS)
- Gender: What does this have to do with me? (3 ECTS)
- Transitions and networking in the education sectors (3 ECTS)
- Transformative education (3 ECTS)
- Living social utopias (3 ECTS)
- Transforming societies in the perspectives of sustainability and social justice. Initiatives from the Global South (3 ECTS)
Method workshops (at least 1 workshop must be chosen – 3-9 ECTS)
- Workshop in media- or art-education (6 ECTS)
- Motivational interviewing (3 ECTS)
Study project (compulsory – 8 ECTS)
- Local development and international cooperation (8 ECTS)
Practical observation (compulsory – 3 ECTS)
- Field placement in a social or educational institution (3 ECTS)
Application / nomination deadline
15th of April 2023
- Nomination by the International Office of the home university
- Existence of a valid partnership agreement between both universities
- Proof of CEFR level B2 in English
see under Downloads
Beginning and end of lectures in the autumn semester 2023/24
9th of October 2023 – 27th of January 2024
A limited number of rooms will be made available by the Studierendenwerk Freiburg. Interest in one of the rooms must be communicated to the EH Freiburg during the application process.
Freiburg in Germany …
Pleasant / relaxed life in a dynamic city…
- neither too big, nor too small – just right …
- location for excellent research andalternative lifestyles
- a Green City in the Black Forest …
- diverse neighborhoods in a tri-nationalarea: salut – gruezi – willkommen …
… and EH Freiburg
- bright minds in a cosy environment …
- local roots, global horizons.
What will you bring to Freiburg and to the EH Freiburg?
- Leaflet Building transformative societies - including all information about the international course pdf 808.34 KB
- Booklet - including information about the international course, the Protestant University of Applied Sciences Freiburg, the City of Freiburg and the Black Forest pdf 1.35 MB
- Application form docx 302.05 KB
- Announcement Baden-Württemberg STIPENDIUM - incomings pdf 232.29 KB
- Application sheet Baden-Württemberg STIPENDIUM - incomings doc 248.00 KB